Course Description: MF601
1.5 HOURS | 1.5 CE CREDITS
AGD Subject Code: 070
One of the pillars of the long-term success of endodontically treated teeth, is the coronal restoration placed. Long-term re-infection is almost always due to coronal leakage and inadequate restoration. This course will walk participants through the restorative principles that will ensure long-term success. An algorithm will be presented to identify when a fibre post and core should be placed in the endodontically treated tooth. Having completed the hands-on component the participant will experience a very efficient and cost-effective technique for providing a void-free post and core.
Benefits Of Attending:
Post systems, and the proper technique for etching, bonding, and cementing fibre posts will be presented that will enhance retention, eliminate voids, increasing root strength, and reducing the possibility of root fracture. Should for any reason the post has to be removed a technique for retrieving the post will be presented.
Who Should Attend:
- Any dentist who is providing a post and core or restoring an endodontically treated tooth.
Topics To Be Covered:
- The modern-day decision tree – when should posts be used.
- The selection of the appropriate post.
- The secret to clinical success – the necessary adjunctive aids to treat the canal properly and a simple step-by-step technique to minimize voids, and produce a monoblock post and core, maximizing the bond strength of the post and core.
- Do you need to use a post cement and then a core material or can you do it all at once? (Should bonding the post and fabricating the core be separate procedures or can this be achieved in a single unified technique).
Course Technique Kit:
Single Plastic Tooth prefilled with Gutta Percha; Fibre Post Drill; Fibre Post size 0.5; Phosporic Acid; Tapered Microbrush, Microbursh; Adhesive, Nano Filled Core Material; 20ga Integrated Needle Tip; 22ga Endodontic Tip; Disposable Air Water Syringe Adaptor;
Required Materials (not included):
Handpiece, Highspeed, Air water Syringe, Curing Light, Perio probe, Cotton Plier, Coarse Tapered, Diamond, Round Carbide Bur, Loupes.
Hands-OnLine Technique Kits will be sent the day after registration closes.
Register for MF601
At this time there are no LIVE dates scheduled. Sign-up to receive notifications when new Hands-OnLine LIVE courses are added.
If you're interested in setting up a LIVE date for your group, email [email protected] for more information.
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
4/1/2023 to 3/31/2026. Provider ID #401651